What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft plans that come with your account,
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a
line-of-credit or Visa account which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft plan.
This notice explains our standard overdraft plan.
What are the standard overdraft plans that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
• Checks, automatic bill payments via 1st Online, and other transactions made using your checking account number such as ACH transactions.
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
• ATM/POS (POS indicating everyday debit card transactions)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means that we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Under our standard overdraft plan:
• There is a $0 to $5 fee to overdraft from savings based on partnership level.
• We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
• There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Partners 1st to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM/POS debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM/POS debit card transactions:
1. Call 800.728.8943 or 260.471.8336
2. Visit www.partners1stcu.org
3. Mail the overdraft form to: Partners 1st, 1330 Directors Row, Fort Wayne, IN 46808